In December, I had the chance to photograph my friend Megan and her family. We met up around sunset at Crocker Park, an outdoor mall like plaza, in Westlake, Ohio. We took some photographs on this little train that drove through the streets of the plaza because Jack, Megan and John's son loves trains. Plus, we had some time to waste as we wanted the sun to go down a bit so we could get all the pretty winter lights.
I’m not one to make new years resolutions or to even set goals for the year. But this year, I want to make a list of things that I want to do and/or accomplish by December 31st.
Since I’m turning 25 this year (eek! where did the time go?!) and moving out of state in a few weeks, I want to try and get myself out my comfort zone more and force myself to accomplish as many things as I can. Mainly because I feel like I haven’t done much in the last few years due to being comfortable and too shy/chicken to do anything.
So, below is a list of some of the things, in no particular order, that I want to cross off my list.
(I do have a larger list in a notebook but I don’t want to share everything.)
- Pay down my student loans
- Get my passport
- Save up at least $3000 for travel
- Get a full-time design job…again
- Take on more photography clients
- Take on more freelance design clients.
- Take a photo every month that documents that month or something I enjoyed that month
- Design at least one personal thing a month and work up to every week
- Sketch more. I want to fill up this mini sketchbook I have. Which means I need to stop trying to make things perfect.
- Explore at least one new place a month - city, restaurant, coffee shop, etc..
- Go on 4 mini adventures with a friend(s)
- Meet up with more local bloggers or photographers aka just go out and meet people. (Get a social life.)
- Get another tattoo
- Read at least 4 new books
Song that I'm currently loving:
I'm trying to kickstart this blog with something easy. Below are a few things that I love in real life and a few things that I've seen online that i'm loving currently.
#1 Cleveland Museum of Art is my all time favorite place in Cleveland. I can (and have) spend hours wandering through the rooms staring at all the beautiful works of art.
#3 Go to Extremities Jewelry Stand I have a love for all things strange and this jewelry stand from ModCloth makes my day.
#5 Ohio Charm Necklace In a few months I will be living in South Carolina and I've been thinking of getting a cute little necklace to remind me of where i'm from. I found this little one on Etsy and I think I might have to get it.
#2 Sigma 35mm 1.4 This is the first high quality lens i've bought and i'm so happy with it.
#4 Order's Up Kate Spade Plates I love the all American diner esthetic. These plates will be in my cupboard when I finally have a space of my own.
Bonus: Here is playlist of cover songs that I love.